Three Iranians, Issa Saharkhiz, Keyvan Samimi and Hila Sedighi, are among 41 writers from 19 countries awarded Hellman/Hammett grants by Human Rights Watch for 2012. According to Human Rights Watch, the grants are given to people “for their commitment to free expression and the courage they showed when facing political persecution.” The three Iranian winners were arrested after Iran’s controversial 2009 presidential election.
Three Iranians receive human rights grant
- Published: 24 days ago on Thursday, 3 January 2013
- By: Iran Daily Brief
- Last Modified: January 3, 2013 @ 3:47 pm
- Filed Under: Human Rights
- Tagged with: human rights violations
- http://tinyurl.com/bkqvzds; http://www.mardomak.org/story/75442; http://www.majzooban.eu/en/news-and-exclusive-content/3524-three-iranians-receive-human-rights-grant.html