Loading...
You are here:  Top Stories  >  Economy  >  Current Article

Price surge in Iran – result of poor management

Monday, 11 February 2013

The Secretary of the Expediency Discernment Council, Mosehn Rezaee, claimed at a press conference that only 30% of the price hikes can be attributed to sanctions, and the remaining 70% to problems resulting from “internal sanctions and poor management” in the country. According to Rezaee, the amount of cash in the market is high, but it is not found in the public arena, but rather in the purchase and sale of gold and foreign currency. Rezaee continued to say that the government’s budget deficit, bank debts to the central bank and the mistaken implementation of the Subsidy Reform Law are what are behind the rise in prices. He further claimed that there is currently a need to fight the economic battle being waged against Iran, on the one hand, and act to correct past errors to improve the economy. Iran needs calm, and politicians must act to create calm. Even if they do not help citizens, they cannot weaken them. They must provide Iranians with the hope that their problems will be resolved. The devaluation of the Iranian currency is also a plot by enemies, and the next four years will be the most critical for the advancement of the Islamic Revolution.

 

    Print       Email
  • Published: 7 days ago on Monday, 11 February 2013
  • By: Iran Daily Brief
  • Last Modified: February 11, 2013 @ 2:24 pm
  • Filed Under: Economy
  • Tagged with:
  • Source(s):
    • http://www.rahesabz.net/story/66172/

You might also like...

image017

Iranian leadership trying to solve problems around the world while Iranian citizens go hungry and are impoverished

Read More →