As the elections in June approach, the government has launched a renewed assault on the media with arrests, repression and harassment. Join us for a special screening of Forced Confessions, a film documenting the history of this tactic in Iran, followed by a discussion exploring the political, social and personal implications of criminalizing the press, along with the worrying trends under new governments in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.
Censorship and power in Iran
- Published: 87 days ago on Wednesday, 24 April 2013
- By: Iran Daily Brief
- Last Modified: April 24, 2013 @ 1:39 pm
- Filed Under: Human Rights
- Tagged with: human rights violations
- http://tv35anj.blogspot.co.il/2012/11/blog-post_23.html; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nG93dQv-YA; http://www.pen.org/event/2013/04/22/censorship-and-power-iran